CRAIGFLOWER SCHOOLHOUSE HISTORY
This resource contains materials relevant to the history of the Craigflower Schoolhouse.
The Craigflower Schoolhouse was constructed over the winter of 1854/1855. It was constructed by contractor Gideon Halcrow, a carpenter who had formerly been employed by the Hudson’s Bay Company, and with the assistance of employees of the Puget Sound Agricultural Company, employed at Craigflower Farm.
The school opened in March 1855 and continued operation until 1911 when a new four-room school was constructed across Admirals Road in what is now the playground of the existing school.
The schoolhouse is currently under a long-term lease to the Hallmark Heritage Society, which maintains offices and provides community-oriented use of the historic classroom.
Click on each title to review the article.